“Tips on How To Use Instagram For Advertising” written by Mike Marko.
Are you looking for effective ways on how to use Instagram for advertising?
As time goes by, the way of advertising evolves. Advertising now is also done on social media platforms since almost all people are using it every day.
Advertising on social media platforms like Instagram opens a lot of possibilities for your business. Instagram has many advantages. It can help you increase brand awareness and sales.
But before this could happen, there’s a lot of things that you should do.
To achieve success in using Instagram, you need to be interactive, clear, informative, and interesting. Also, you need to understand how to effectively use advertisements on Instagram.
That’s why in today’s article, I will be sharing with you tips on how to use Instagram for advertising.
How to Use Instagram for Advertising
Before you can advertise on Instagram, you must first upgrade your personal account to a business profile.
A business profile is different from a personal account. It has features that are useful in marketing or advertising your business.
With that said, I’ll walk you through how to set up your Instagram account first before I give you the tips on how to use Instagram for advertising.
Upgrade Your Personal Account to Business Profile
To convert your personal account into a business profile, open the app and click your profile.
Once you’re already on your profile, tap settings and under Account Settings you’ll see an option called “Switch to Business Profile.”
Tap the “Switch to Business Profile” and after that, the next screen will ask you to log in to your Facebook account.
Link Your Facebook Page to Your Instagram Account
When you switch to a business profile, you need to link it to your Facebook page or account. Instagram verifies your identity through your Facebook profile and Facebook page.
Also, this will quicken up the process of setting up your business account. Connecting your Facebook page will automatically fill the necessary information on your business profile. Instagram will import your Facebook Page’s contact and category information.
Promote Your Posts on Instagram
Once you’re done setting up your business account, you can now start promoting your posts or your ads on Instagram.
Here are the simple steps on how to promote your ads:
- Go to your profile.
- Select the post you’d like to promote by tapping on the post.
- Below the post’s image, tap Promote.
- Fill in the details of your promotion by setting things like Audience (who you want to reach), Budget (how much you want to spend) and Duration (how long you want your promotion to run). Tap Next once you’ve completed these details.
- To complete your promotion, tap Promote.
After tapping Promote, your ad will be reviewed to make sure it meets the platform’s ad policies. Ads are usually reviewed in 60 minutes, but in some cases, the reviewing procedure may take longer.
Your ad will be active and begin running after the review process is done and approved.
Begin to Create Your Ads
To achieve great results in using Instagram , you need to get the best out of your ads. It’s advisable to post different ads to capture the attention of your target audience. To give you an idea on how to do it, here are some tips in making advertisements.
Choose a Type of Ad to Create
An ad comes in different types. If you’re creative, any of these types will do…
- Photo Ads. You can create images of your ad and tell your story through a clean, simple and beautiful creative canvas. Photos can be in a square or landscape format.
- Video Ads. Video ads get the same visually immersive quality as photo ads. With the added power of sight, sound and motion. You can share videos up to 60 seconds long in landscape or square format.
- Carousel Ads. With carousel ads, you can bring another layer of depth to campaigns where people can swipe to view additional photos or videos in a single ad.
- Stories Ads. More people today on Instagram are using stories daily. This’ll be a great catch if you add up stories ads using your photo ads, video ads, carousel ads or any other stuff you think best to post.
Choose Your Creation Tool to Use
You can create your Instagram ads using the same tools you use to create Facebook ads. But if you want to be more creative, you can also use Creative Hub or the Facebook Ads API tools.
What to Note When Creating Ads
When creating ads, you should;
- Create ads that run in stories on Instagram.
- Choose the best format for your ads on Instagram.
These two tips are sure-fire hits if you want to make ads that easily attract the eyes of your target audiences.
Make Use of Ad Set Placement
An ad set placement is very helpful when it comes to promoting your ads on Instagram.
It allows you to create ads that will appear on people’s feed or in their stories. This way, you’ll be given the chance to promote your ads in a wider setting.
Final Thoughts On How To Use Instagram For Advertising
In this blog post, I talked about how to use Instagram for advertising. Before you can post advertisements on this platform, you need to switch your personal account into a business profile. A business profile has more features that are useful in marketing or advertising your business.
Once you’re done switching to business profile, that’s only when you can start posting advertisements. But to achieve success in advertising on this platform, you need to be creative in making your ads. Choose the right ad type for your audience and post it on time to achieve better results.
If there’s anything you like to know more about how to use Instagram for advertising, leave them in the comments below.
And always keep in mind… have fun!
By the way, if you need help in getting traffic to your website then feel free to contact me and we can talk about the different consulting options we offer. Or use the link below to apply for your “Results in Advance” free consultation and let’s get started right away:
P.S. – If you like this post, feel free comment down below and/or share on Facebook.
Have questions and want to connect?
Add me on Facebook then shoot me a message:
1. Instagram Marketing FAQ
2. How to Market Your Business with Instagram
3. Key Tips on Using Instagram to Promote Your Business
If you want help marketing online, then check out our services at IM Consultant Services.
Article: Tips on How To Use Instagram For Advertising
Also published on Medium.