“Living Better With 33 Random Acts of Kindness” written by Guest Contributor.
Do you want to know how to live better?
We’ve all heard many times the importance of a good diet and exercise to live a more healthy life.
You can try to eat a good portion of unprocessed food, get to the gym almost every day and drink plenty of water but if you’re not practicing kindness you could be missing out on something that could potentially add years to your life.
Living Better With Random Acts of Kindness
Studies have shown that practicing acts of kindness release healthy hormones like dopamine and we get something called a “helpers high.”
Not only that, acts of kindness produce an emotional warmth which in turn release the hormone, oxytocin, in the brain and throughout the body. This lowers the blood pressure and protects the heart.
Researcher Stephen Post of Case Western Reserve University says that when we practice acts of kindness, physical health is significantly improved, we live longer, depression is reduced and we are financially better off.
Being kind to others makes us healthy, happy and wealthy so why not spread the love..
33 Random Acts of Kindness
If you’re not sure what to do here is my list of 33 random acts of kindness to bring about better health and more happiness in your life:
- Smile at everyone you pass. This simple gesture can turn a persons day around.
- Send someone a note to tell them how much you appreciate them. Make a list of 10 things and send it to them.
- Find ways to compliment others. Look for the good. It’s so easy to criticize, complain and gossip about what others are not doing. Turn it around and find ways to see the good in others. Let them know what you see.
- Pay for the person’s coffee, toll or drive-thru behind you.
- Let someone in your lane in traffic.
- Give away stuff.
- Give someone a hug.
- Put a sticky note with a heart on someone’s mirror or computer screen.
- Hold the elevator.
- Say “Thank You” a lot.
- Give up your seat to someone on the bus or subway.
- Say “Yes” when a store asks you to donate a dollar to a cause.
- Every night before you go to bed think of three things you are grateful for.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Share overheard compliments.
- Recognize the good in others.
- Say “Hi” to strangers.
- Tip generously.
- Buy the stuff the neighbor kids are selling.
- Drop quarters on the sidewalk for people to find.
- When people are gossiping about someone, be the person to chime in with something nice.
- When someone makes a meal that you love, ask for the recipe.
- Leave money in the vending machine.
- Pick up trash.
- Return a grocery cart.
- Buy flowers for the cashier at the grocery store.
- Introduce yourself to someone you always see around.
- Forgive yourself for any mistakes you’ve made.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Don’t honk at cars or people.
- Call your mom just to tell her you love her.
- Hug someone you love like you mean it.
- When you hear that negative voice in your head, remember to leave yourself alone — you deserve kindness too!
Final Thoughts on Random Acts of Kindness
Some of these cost money and some are free. Even if you are struggling financially I challenge you to invest the money it takes to do these little acts of kindness it will come back to you 1000X not only financially but in health and happiness.
If this was helpful please leave a comment below.
P.S. – If you like this post, feel free comment down below and/or share on Facebook.
If you are interested in learning how to make money online, click the following links to learn more about the TotalShortcut.com system, YouFirstMillionOnline system, and get the information to form your own opinion from this Empower Network, and Jeunesse review.
If you want help marketing online, then check out our services at IM Consultant Services. If you want total transformation, you need to check out Subconscious Mind Tapping.