“Tips on What To Tweet In Twitter for Marketing on Twitter” written and video by Mike Marko.
Are you looking to improve your social media marketing with Twitter??
I was in your place not too long ago. To be honest, about a couple years ago “I didn’t get Twitter”… at all!! I didn’t understand why I should use it. So I neglected it for a few years.
Then a year ago all that turned around. Now Twitter is one of my favorite sources of lead generation.
That’s why today I’ll be talking about some what to tweet in Twitter in order to get good marketing results with this social media platform.
Tips on What To Tweet In Twitter for Marketing on Twitter
VIDEO: What To Tweet In Twitter
Let’s expand on this more as I help lay it all out.
When you post to Twitter, you need to realize that Twitter like Facebook, Instagram, and other social media, is a SOCIAL MEDIA platform… that means you need to be “social”.
What does that mean?
That means that you need to think about what your followers (or near future followers) will want to see to feel that your Twitter account has value. DO NOT sell and sell and sell! That doesn’t work very well, especially on social media. If you turn your followers off they’ll just unfollow your account.
So let’s talk about what you SHOULD post.
Diversify Your Content
An effective Twitter account posts a variety of posts around a social media niche. With that in mind, let’s talk about different things you can post:
- Quotes. This is a simple way to get some quick variety on your twitter account. Find quotes that are relevant to your niche, and would be of value to your target audience.
- Quote images. If you have some really good quotes, I recommend making them into some images that grab the followers attention. Images are ideally 549 by 289 pixels if you want the image to be complete seen without having to be clicked.
- Blog posts and articles. Tweet links to any articles you write. This helps give your followers relevant information (which could edge them towards a buying decision without selling). Make it industry-related (like talking about relevant news or trends). This is especially effective to get traffic to your blog. If you have created featured images for your blog posts, then use them as the image in the tweet.
- High-Quality Images. Tweet images and pictures showing things of interest to your followers. For example, if you are promoting a pet store show pictures of animals that your store sells (but don’t just sell them). Ideally, you post pictures that people will love to see (funny, cute, etc). If you make the images “shareable” then your followers may help do marketing for you.
- Entertaining Content. Tweet humous content that is relevant to your niche. Remember you want it “shareable” so people may share the content on their own accounts.
- Your Thoughts. Don’t hesitate to tweet what you are thinking related to the niche. You might be surprised that people will follow you just to hear your thoughts.
- Breaking News. Share breaking news related to your niche. This could be from news outlets like AP (@AP), CNN Breaking News (@CNNBreak), New Your Times (@nytimes), etc.
- Recycle The Good Stuff. Don’t be afraid to reuse your really good stuff. Twitter has a fast feed and people forget what was tweeted within hours, or your followers may miss your best content.
Make sure you use hashtags when you are posting to Twitter. Not every tweet needs hashtags, but the majority of your posts should use them so that people can find you organically.
Here’s an article I wrote on hashtag research: Using Hashtagify for Twitter Hashtag Research.
Final Words on What to Tweet In Twitter
Take the time to follow these simple Twitter marketing tips and you should see an improvement in your social media marketing.
Be sure to check out my Comprehensive Guide to Twitter Marketing for more tips.
For more tips on using Twitter, check out this article on Tips on Improving Twitter Lead Generation and Increasing Blog Traffic.
P.S. – If you like this post, feel free comment down below and/or share on Facebook.
Have questions and want to connect?
Add me on Facebook then shoot me a message:
1. How Often To Post To Twitter | Marketing on Twitter
2. Essential Twitter Marketing Tips – Scheduling Your Tweets
3. Tips on Improving Twitter Lead Generation and Increasing Blog Traffic
If you are interested in learning how to make money online, click the following links to learn more about the IPAS2 and the TotalShortcut system, and get the information to form your own opinion from this Empower Network Review and Jeunesse Review. Be sure to check out Digital Altitude in our Digital Altitude review.
If you want help in marketing online, then check out our services at IM Consultant Services.
Article: Tips on What To Tweet In Twitter for Marketing on Twitter
Also published on Medium.